Monday, October 1, 2012

Real Life-Slow it down

Finally, a chance to blog...

Recap of the last 24 or so hours...spent all weekend having tons of fun but procrastinating in everything I should have been doing, was up until 3/330 studying for a test that I am pretty sure I failed. Even got had an alarm go off at 730 this morning, which I did fall in and out of sleep for another hour or so, but needless to say it was a long, long day. 

Tonight I journeyed with my best friend to cookout and I jammed the whole way and didnt think twice about the things around me. It has been raining ALL day long, and I found myself hating it at several points because as if my day wasnt long enough then rain just made me want to crawl in bed even more. Have I mentioned before that I love rain though? So that was weird. 

Anyways, on the way home from cookout, Helen was so out of it and I didnt feel like screaming anymore ridiculous songs in her ear so I turned on some good ole lumineers. They just make me melt sometimes. I turned on their song, 'Slow it down,' granted I am not a hundred percent sure exactly what the song is about but those three words just repeat over and over, or they did for me.

I feel like the world has been spinning so much lately, not just for me but for everyone around here. Everyone is running on empty and you can see everyone just reach their breaking points from time to time. Now I have had my good share of emotional moments, but lately I feel like I have just been a spectator to it all. Sometimes I just find myself wondering what it is I can do to make it all go away. I feel like that is my life, I just go go go, cram in the things that I want, and am quick to find ways to escape or get rid of the things that I dont want. I dont want people to be sad or to hurt or to be overwhelmed, I just want sunshine, no rain. 

Saying that just makes me think of Job, reason why I think of Job is because it has been what I am translating in Hebrew for my final project at the end of the year. I never have read the story of Job until now and it kind of blew my mind. Now, failing a test, or missing home, or just having a day of little rest is not quite the extent of what Job went through. He LITERALLY lost everything he ever owned or loved, but yet he still chose to praise God in these circumstances, and that is what is powerful to me. I know that I personally wish to shy away from praising the Lord when nothing but a downpour is in my life, or in the lives of the people I love but that is not what we are supposed to do. 

I have just found myself lately wishing things werent how they were instead of finding a way to glorify God through it all. I have been so rushed and "busy" that I havent had time to just 'Slow it down.' I'm telling you, its a beautiful song whether I am referencing it the right way or not haha. 

Anyways so now I will maybe write some more and listen to the rain outside because God is good my people!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment