Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Real Life-Back to Reality

Well it has been so long since the last time I have blogged and have been trying to think about all the things I want to talk about. The pace of my life has increased so much since I moved back to school in the middle of August. I would be lying if I didnt say I love every bit of it. It has been so nice to be back in the swing of things. I recognize that summer is a great time to slow down and take a deep breath but I love applying things I learn, starting new years, and being with really great people and do really awesome things all the time.

Senior year started off with a bang, I am a Residential Advisor (RA) so I moved back in early to do training. Training was long and ridiculous but it was cool to meet people all over campus with different backgrounds and just spend time getting to know them. I have come to love people from Canada, the ones I have met are hilarious, just saying!

Anyways my best friend moved in when it came towards the end of my training so we got to spend a few days before everyone else moved in and it was soo good. I missed her so much this summer and always said how much I wanted that relationship to feel normal again. I get my hugs, good laughs, and great conversations. Plus I made her summer an extremely long one because I am sensitive, and hard to deal with when it comes to distance. What can I say, sometimes I hate it but I'm glad I love people too much instead of the complete opposite.

Everyone else moved in around August 22nd I think. It was so fun because many of them I remember their freshman year went home often, were so excited when it came to breaks, and this time around they were just as excited as I was to move back. We all joked about how great this year was probably going to be the best year to date and so far I cant complain about that.

Since being back at school Helen and I have been able to go to church in Spartanburg called Newspring. She got to go to it this summer because she lived in Columbia, SC and they have one their. When I visited her this summer I got to go too and I fell in love. It was another thing I was looking forward to about being back, we had decided that that is where we would go and would just alternate driving. It also has been great because we are able to invite friends to go and hang out with us and it has just been a cool outlet to do ministry whether it come from the service or the car ride their or just inviting them. I LOVE NEWSPRING! look it up newspring.cc

Hmm... I think that is about it. I am enjoying this year so far. I love my best friend. I love my friends. I love my church. I am learning to enjoy my classes :p I love being an RA (because I have my own room) I am currently looking to apply to grad school so this year doesnt really feel like my senior year which is ok with me. I love gwu!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment