Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Real Life-This is it

So... we all know how I feel about friendships, how I feel about long periods of time apart from people I love most, how I feel about goodbyes, etc... Last night I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was saying goodbye to my friend Amy Brown. I definitely have blogged about her before but home girl deserves another shout out. I cant stand here and thank God for placing special people in my life and not think of her. This blog post really cant even do justice on how thankful I am for her but I'll do my best.


I have noticed that for really really good friendships things just fall into place and half the time you cant even remember how they began. Not saying that Amy and I don't have a really good friendship but it has taken a good bit of time. I know that the first time I even took notice to Amy was at a Young Life meeting we had and I heard her laugh and immediately couldn't help but to laugh myself and think she was really awesome, loud and proud would be the best way to describe her. From there I knew that I just really wanted to be her friend, haha always the little kid trying to get in with the big kids, but really...


I didnt really get much of a chance to be close to her until I decided to actually attend Gardner Webb and live on campus, from there I was able to attend her bible study. God had big plans for me in that one because it was life changing the first week I went, and the first person I was able to be open with and reveal who I really was just happened to be Amy Brown. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do but she was there for me and it was awesome.


Of course it wasnt always peaches and cream (which is kind of gross but sounded like a good analogy)... you see Amy Brown is this really popular person where everyone and there mom always demands her time.... well and you see I am this person that if I want to be around you I will be so demanding myself and when things dont work out I get frustrated. So I went through this stage where I would get so frustrated with amy because well...sometimes hanging out didnt always work out. Oh well... thankfully she was too hard to let go of over my stupid personal problems and fate brought us back together, or just me growing up :p

I have cherished this past year the most for the time I have been able to hang out with Amy. There were plenty of moments that we created that I will never ever forget. One of the most special times I have ever had with Amy has been when she has brought in the new year with me by celebrating my birthday as soon as it hit midnight. It sounds really silly, but to me it was one night that I was able to see how intentional she was in loving me, something that in the beginning I think I overlooked at times. Truth is, she is one of the most intentional people I know and loves people so much, of course its hard to give everyone the same amount of love but I know that if she could she would do so. Too bad, there is only one of her. :P I am thankful that I got so much of her love and time over the past couple of years.

She is an amazing person and an amazing friend. I will miss her more than anything!

RBI for life, right amy brown?

No comments:

Post a Comment