Friday, May 18, 2012

Real Life-Assumptions

Summer has officially began... really wish that was more exciting to say but oh well... It really has been good so far but it is always hard to live with a bunch of people for so so long and have a routine of things and then totally switch things up for a few months and barely talk to those people. My parents think I just dont like being home but its far from true, I mainly just like to be doing different things and dont like feeling stuck in one spot which small towns tend to feel like. Granted I go to college in an even smaller town, college just presents more of a sense of freedom even if it just means going to cookout at the most ridiculous time of night. I think Amy Brown and I hit our record time this year by going around 1 or so and with having the most work to do in one night, well...she did at least. :)

Anywho here some thoughts I've had lately, because it seems like in the past month or so I have seen just a lot of the devil working in things. In North Carolina in particular there was just a voting to pass the first amendment law or whatever...to be honest it was quite confusing but basically if you voted for amendment one you were in support of 'not' allowing two people of the same sex to get married and if you voted against it you were in support of allowing such an act to take place. Ready for thoughts?

Truthfully I personally do not agree with a relationship of the same sex but that is as far as I will go with that... in my own opinion I do not agree with it and that is just something that just isnt in my life. So with that though, I do not hate people who agree with this or the people that are gay or whatever the correct term is. I do think we are called to love each other no matter what part of life we are in or how we choose to live our lives. The biggest reason I would not support amendment one is because in a way it was giving me right to have a say on something that for most people is the biggest decision of their life, marraige is big. Its sad that the world feels entitled to have a say on things like that because they are disgusted by it or whatever silly reasons they may have. It in all honesty is none of anyone elses business. Things like this just bring so much more evil about than there already was.

More thoughts...also in regards to judgment, I know I made a post kind of ranting about my thoughts about the way people judge others so heres a little more flames to the fire. It really makes me sad when people just assume things about others, whether it be from the way that they look, way they live their life, actions, etc... the list could go on. I get it, I know that it is soo simple to go off of these things especially when we see it practically smacking us in the face but unless we know the truth it still is unfair judgement. And no matter what we say when things like that happen it will always alter the way we view people and if that doesnt happen, it may alter the way that person views you if they know you are judging them. Again just brings out more evil in the world...

yes, it is hard to love all of the world where its at but in the end its worth the sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment