Thursday, May 24, 2012

Real Life-Living in the moment

Yesterday was bittersweet because I had to leave Helens house after an amazing 3 or 2ish days whatever... I wish words could really describe how great it was but I could ramble on forever and it wouldnt make much difference. Just add it to my list of perfect days, who said 'nothing is perfect' I beg to differ.

I am still sitting here, thinking about the past few days and soaking it all in...it was surely a breath of fresh air of all the fears I had been having about this summer.We were able to just live in the moment, whether that moment was a car ride filled with me butchering a Whitney Houston song, playing with her little brother Phillip, listening and watching the rain, thunder and lightening, and/or digging into our every thoughts haha, but really...

One thing I realized last night was that obviously having a relationship with the Lord brings soo many blessings, but in particular that I thought of was that as Christians we are called to put others before ourselves, to be disciples and to serve constantly, which ultimately forces us to constantly look at the big picture of things taking notice to small things whether it be through the things we say or how we act, we ultimately see what God has in store for us and His plans.

Its nice to be in the light of that but it made me sad to think of all the people who go through their every day, over and over again, and for a lot of people it means nothing but simply making it through another day. How sad is that? SO much can happen in one day, we need to take advantage of this people! I dont mean this in any bad way but one person who I thought of most when it came to this was my dad...so many times I hear him talk and I just constantly think to myself, "man, if he could just see the big picture and live in this very moment, he would be soo happy."

He definitely isnt wrong for not doing so because lets face it, it is soo easy to get caught up in the world and 'things' and find more negatives than positives. (guilty as charged on that one) He is currently working third shift because he wasnt able to find a job anywhere else after his plant closed down because of the economy, he worked at his last job for like 25 years...whoaa big transitions. I know that if I were in his shoes I would struggle to see the light as well but we got to find it somewhere. I want him to be happy more than anyone because he deserves it, I want him to live in the moment again and find joy even in the job that he hates. Is that too much to ask for? I dunno...just throwing out thoughts. I love my dad and look up to him for the things he does and the sacrifices he makes so I'm not complaining by no means but its hard to see him down so much.

So before I continue to ramble on I will just end in some questions:
What makes you happy?
Where have you seen God lately?
What are the blessings in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment