Thursday, September 15, 2011

Real Life-Amy Brown a.k.a. Amy Brown


This is Amy Brown, another person that plays a huge role in my life. For me, coming to Gardner-Webb felt right and I knew it was but I knew it would take some getting used to and work to become the person God was calling me to be. Immediately I jumped into a bible study with a bunch of girls who did Young Life with me and was led by Amy. I think it was either the first or second bible study meeting when God put it on my heart to be open and honest with Amy, which isn't an easy thing for me but an awesome quality about Amy is the comfort you have just being around her, she is fun and crazy but loving and caring just as much. After talking with Amy a giant weight lifted off my shoulders but it was just the beginning of my journey here at GWU. 


From there Amy along with many others have just challenged me to grow in my faith and just be the person I was meant to be. Amy and I laugh a lot because our lives and stories are just crazy similar, which makes it great because she understands my life and vice versa. I am just super thankful for her and the things she has done and helped me with.


Another really awesome thing about her is her passion for youth, a passion we both share but for me I sometimes get overwhelmed with the chaos of middle schoolers, I mean who wouldn't, but when I see the love that she pours out to them, I just get really excited and fired up again to keep doing what I love and follow my heart in my growing call to do ministry despite different obstacles.


I really wish most people could know Amy like I do along with my other great friends because it has changed my life a lot since college and I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment