Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Real Life-Surprise!!

So I love love lovveee surprises...

most people dont. i get it. but there is something that really gets me going when i know things that in the end will make people really happy. and its fun knowing than and then watching them actually respond that way. haha well most of the time it turns out good... :P

Today I got to surprise my friend Caroline who is going on a trip to Seattle at the end of this week. She had to raise all the support to be able to do this trip and the last time I was with her she still had about $400 to raise...I asked her just last night how much she had left and she said about 200-300, from that I couldnt hold it in. Several friends and I got together whatever we could to help her make up what she had left...thankfully I was able to tell her that we covered $150 of it! She was so excited and it made me so excited.

Big things I have learned this year are 1) the importance on acting on what I believe in and 2) the importance of community and 3) the importance of putting those two things together. I believe that everyone should live their dream, whether it is being able to stay at the college of their choice or go to Seattle for a month. Nothing should limit those kinds of things, not fear, not money, not someone telling you it cant happen. Before this past year I would easily say that there are things that are just simply impossible, but now I feel like nothing is impossible. When people say nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it, they sure arent lying. Really I could go on and on about the things I have learned but we can save that for later...now some more about Caroline and her trip!

She will be there for a whole month working in the prisons and with homeless people. How cool is that? I remember a few of the first conversations we had she expressed how much she loved working with homeless people and such...I dont know about you but not a lot of people have a passion like that and its so cool to see her be able to work in that this summer especially because I know it is going to be a great experience for her.

SO...my people, be praying for her over the next month. Pray that the Lord will guide her and give her strength in this chapter in her life and that He would continue to do great things through her and for her.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment