Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Real Life-Bestfranns

Well to start today has just been a great day, literally have not been able to stop smiling because today has just been one of those days where a) really needed some love b) really needed some quality best friend time with miss helen darden and I got both of those things times a million.

I recently moved to Columbia with Helen to work at the YMCA with her, I was and am still pumped about it but I would be lying if I didnt say I had major anxiety about it all to the point where I practically quit only having done it one day. The day I decided that I wasnt going to work there I stayed at home and cried all day because I wasnt sure if I was making the right decision. I talked to a couple of my friends and one which encouraged me to make a pros/cons list for staying. After doing that I got slapped in the face because I knew that my pros were outweighing my cons. Then I did my quiet time where it talked a lot about sorrow and trials and to know that no matter what we face God will always be by our side. Not that I dont know this but because I had been so anxious about everything I was a bit blinded in this. Clearly, I would be dumb to leave simply out of fear and anxiety.

One of the things that I questioned most about being here was the affect it might have on my friendship with Helen. I am all about my friends and would never do anything to risk harming friendships in any way, granted I know there are going to be decisions in life that I have to make that may affect them but with this I just felt it was a little summer job that was not worth the friendship we have built in the past year. Being here for the first few days we barely talked which was and is hard because I know it will happen more, because while I was home I got a text message to start my day and a text message to end my day so with that there was always something to hold on to and it was great. Also being here we live with her sister and when we are around our friends I am her best friend and here family comes first, which is great I am a strong believer in that but I do play a different role at times which has been interesting to work with. Yesterday when I was thinking and praying about things and weighing my options, the thought that I would be willing to pass up the opportunity to be around my best friend all summer was insane. Instead of seeing how many negatives could occur from being here I tried to seek the positives...this is what I came up with:

1) I get to see my best friend do what she loves and I get to see all these crazy kids even ones she doesnt know get soo excited to be around her, I wish you could see their faces when they see her, its cute
2) I get to go through new challenges and new experiences with my best friend by my side at the end of the day
3) No matter how the day goes at the end of the night I still get snuggle up next to her and if we dont have real talk, I am comforted just knowing that Im next to such an amazing person
4) I get the opportunity to grow in ways that I probably would never have pushed myself to do but thats another thing I love about Helen, the Lord gives me strength to do the things I am supposed to do and Helen motivates me everyday to make sure I do those things

Really I could go on and on because thats how good of a day its been. Its been fun because since we have become friends I have never erased a single text message on my phone and we have been going through them all day and its been so funny to read them. It has made me even more thankful to have someone like her in my life because she along with many others have put up with so much and I am so blessed.

I will stop rambling now. Love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment