Monday, March 28, 2011

Real Life-Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

Last week I went to see this band called Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. Drew is the lead singer of course but his wife Ellie also sings with him and they are adorable. I first heard about Drew and Ellie through Young Life, they perform at Windy Gap a lot in Weaverville and Ellie just did womens weekend this past year. 


When my friend Chelsea Hearne told me that they were performing in Greenville for just $10, I was sold. Besides the fact it was a good price, Chelsea was so stoked about going and was going to be leaving the next morning to fly home to have another surgery so I couldn't pass up this opportunity to hang out with her and enjoy life through beautiful music. 

                                     
Here are a couple pictures from the concert which as I suspected was awesome, the two of them performing on stage was enough to make your heart melt and the lyrics were just so honest and real. One song that I loved was their song called Live Forever, look up the lyrics and listen to it!



Today has just been one of those sad, rainy days so I've had this song on repeat because it is so good. One of my favorite lines from this song is 


Take courage when the road is long
Don't ever forget you're never alone


Need I say more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment