Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Real Life-Gracious Uncertainty

Wrote this a while back and never got a chance to post it...

Gracious Uncertainty 

As the end of this year approaches and anxiety and worries flood the minds of those graduating, I am kindly reminded of this tonight- the spiritual life is the life of a child. We are not uncertain of God, just uncertain of what He is going to do next. Amen, my people.

I was talking with a friend of mine and for once I saw someone stressing out about the future more than me. Granted I've had my share of worries and crying moments. She expressed how sad she was to be leaving friends and not sure where she will be living next or what her job would be. I certainly sympathized with her but I did start to get excited thinking of what my future holds.

Next year I have an amazing opportunity to come back for more. Not many are excited about that, huh? But I am so pumped. It has been a blessing to be able to set my mind on something and watch it happen, because before my mind would never venture to what I wanted to do but what I needed or had to do. I've had my battles because not everyone agrees with my decision to come back for gradschool but that's ok. I am confident in what I am doing, I am certain of what God is doing but I am uncertain of what he will do.

I am a worrier and I am already anxious about this summer and making it the best summer ever. I am not big on planning but when it comes to planning on having a good time I am an over planner, I just want things to be perfect. I get the chance to reconnect with my sister, spend more time with my best friend which it might sound dumb but it is already difficult thinking about not getting to spend every spare moment together like at school. A best friend like I have makes every moment perfect, planning is easy with her :) BUT nevertheless it shall be great and I am being reminded of that quite often. I have things more in line than most people and am being set up for great things so even if some things don't work out, it's ok because who knows what tomorrow holds, it might be better than I could have ever hoped for.

Ah, excited! 

Gracious uncertainty

No comments:

Post a Comment