Monday, May 2, 2011

Real Life- Needtobreathe and Friendships

I feel like during times in our lives music can be exactly the thing that expresses how we feel, whether it's when we are excited and need to crank up some Space Jam or when we are going through some hard times and for me, Needtobreathe knows how to say what's on my heart. 


Needtobreathe is literally my favorite band, my best friend and I discovered them watching the movie P.S. I Love You, funny right? I have to give her more the credit because you actually can barely hear what is playing during that scene. Anyways, so basically this our band, this past year we both were off to college far enough apart that is hasn't been the easiest to see each other, and through Needtobreathe we have been able to still celebrate together which has been cool.


Being apart from someone you love dearly is a major challenge, many people experience this through boyfriend/girlfriend relationships or husband/wife but love is something that surrounds all of us and when you love someone so dearly it can be just as difficult. We've experienced highs together this year, we have definitely experienced lows together, and we definitely have been close to losing to each other, scary stuff. 


I think the song that spoke to me most during all this has to be "These Hard Times" by Needtobreathe. It has just brought about a sense of hope in all of it, 'the faith to believe in these hard times.' I have learned through it all what real love looks like at its best and its worst, and I have seen two people grow separately but still unite in the end, even when it has looked like the light in it all wouldn't or couldn't be there again. Of course, if everything was better then that would mean it is perfect but in reality nothing is perfect and therefore there will always be hard times but with a little hope and a lot of love, you can get through it. 


I am still learning, still hoping, still loving, and still believing, 


Love you Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment